DVI-D to M1-DA confusion?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Les E, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I have just puchased a Lindy 7.5 DVI-D cable to be installed in the wall and ceiling prior to plastering and for the eventual attachment of a DVI-D player and a Screenplay 5700.

I have also bought a DVI-D to M1-DA adaptor for the projector but I am now wondering if whether there is going to be any loss of signal/image by having the adaptor rather than a straight custom DVI to M1 lead (currently retailing around £100 - £150!!).

Alot of companies who actually sell these leads are to the opinion that it's not a good idea to use an adaptor, but it just the sales pitch or is there actually some truth in this?
    :eek:

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,301
    Les E

We've supplied a fair few Gefen DVI/M1 adapters and no issues so far - though on the whole we've also been supplying our BetterCables Display Magic DVI-D cables.

Have you actually tested the set up before you start burying cables in your walls?

Best regards

Joe

3. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Can I ask whether if I get a HDMI to DVI cable with an m1 adaptor for the projector would I be shooting myself in the foot in not having a straight HDMI-HDMI cable for future proofing myself?

The reason I ask is that I can see it becoming standard that it goes straight HDMI thru-out a system without any conversion. So is there a solution I can implement now to make sure of this?

I was looking for a HDMI to M1 adaptor but I cannot seem to find one, and it seems I am stuck with the DVI solution...any thoughts?