Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DVI-D (Denon 3910) > DVI-I (DVDO HD+) > VGA (Panny PHD7)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Eye in the sky, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Eye in the sky

Eye in the sky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    DVI-D (Denon 3910) > DVI-I (DVDO HD+) > VGA (Panny PHD7)

Does anyone know what's going on?

I have a Denon DVD3910 that I am connecting its DVI-D output to the DVDO HD+'s DVI-I input. And connecting the HD+'s VGA output to the VGA input of the Panasonic PHD7.

When I play Star Wars 'The Empire Strikes Back' for example, I switch the 3910 to output DVI 576P into the HD+. What I get on the PHD7 is that it will show two seconds of film and then it turns to the blue screen although audio is ok.

As I read on the DVDO HD+ FAQ section, it says that the HD+ will output a HDCP signal only on its DVI output. The DVD I am playing is Copy Protected. Is this the same as HDCP??

Also, when I put in DVE (Digital Video Essentials), I get the same issue.

Am I missing something here? I want to get VGA output (HD+) from a DVI input (3910) via HD+ into the PHD7. Short of using a Panny DVI board, what's the best way to doing this?