1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVI Connectors - Just checking

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Richard Moore, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Richard Moore

Richard Moore
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been reading a couple of threads concerning Infocus DVI and cables. Am I right in thinking that these two cables are all I need for an Infocus 5700 connecting to a DVI equipped Brainwave DVD player.

The main cable

and the adaptor

Thanks

2. venkman

venkman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yes, although I think there is a cheaper adapter available. We're only talking a few quid difference though.

3. reggs

reggs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The 5700's DVI connector is not your standard PC shape.
    I bought my adapter from Farnell Online in order to use it with a standard digital PC DVI cable.

3293907, £4.15, ADAPTOR DVI-D F TO P&D-D M, Manufacturer (Advertised) MOLEX n.b. Its female to male.

4. Kam the Man

Kam the Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I'm using the same lead to connect my Radeon 9700 with my z2 (the days are just going toooo slowly!) will I need the adaptor?

Cheers.

Kam.

5. reggs

reggs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Can't guarantee it ( I don't have your setup), but I'd imagine so. I had a Radeon 9500 connected to my Sony HS10 by a standard (PC) DVI cable. The Infocus is a different type of DVI connector, its P&D and non standard in PC connector terms.
    There's loads of literature available on the web about DVI and the various standards. The Farnell adapter is required if you have a standard PC DVI cable (thats digital DVI). From what I remember, Farnell had a pdf file with pictures of the pins. One side needs to connect to your DVI cable. The weird side with more pins fits the Infocus. Check it out. Should be fine.

6. venkman

venkman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    You will not need the adaptor with a Z2 - it has a normal dvi connector. You just need a normal DVI male/male cable.

7. reggs

reggs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Woops sorry guys :blush:
    Thought this was still about the Infocus. No, you don't need it with the Z2 :eek:

8. Kam the Man

Kam the Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice, thanls guys.

Mine just arrived from Lindys. 2nd Class delivery but got it within 3 days. And order was placed AFTER the postal strike! :eek:

Postman said that loads of people still waiting for special delivery stuff :laugh: