1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVI connection with DVR 920 & Spheros

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Nicks1, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Nicks1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Had my 920 installed on Friday using HDMI output from 920 into DVI (using adaptor) input in the back of the Spheros box. I have a Sky box (not +) linked direct into the DVR and back into TV so that if I want to record from Sky immediately, I don't have to wait for the DVR to fire up. The only disadvantage is that I have to keep the DVR on all the time, but the fan is v. quiet and is not a real problem.

When playing back a DVD, screen shows DVI 720 X 576 and movie shows in 16:9. Movie showing was 1:2.35.

I know it distorts the picture a tad, but I like to open it up and have the movie showing full screen. With the DVI connection, if I go into the TV menu and select 'Picture' and then 'Picture format' it only gives me the options of 16:9, 4:3, Original and Zoom. Whichever format I select, I cannot fill the screen and have black bands at top and bottom.

Compared to the AV1 connection, I also lose a number of the menu options when DVI selected, which is a real pain.

Can anybody advise please, or am I stuck with this in DVI mode??