DVI-cables and me...

dietcola

Standard Member
Reaction score
My golly gosh, i must have been through every web site selling DVI-cables and not managed to find one the lenght i want yet... ive tried manufactures and they just dont wanna know... but basically im after a DVI-cable to usb which is 80 metres long!

i know it seem a long way to run a cable but its going underground n so i need one from a supplier i can trust... and a cable that i can trust. ive used Computer & AV Cables & Connections from LINDY UK in the past for alot of my home cinema stuff, but this one is for a commercial puropse... im thinking of getting one with gold ends, but not sure its worth the extra money...

opinions on a post card... heres the dvi-cables page im looking at... they worth it or can i get em cheaper? any one bought from lindy.co.uk before? the site seem trustworthy....

does any one know a way of sending the signal wirelessly? or am i just dreaming here?

thanks for your help AVheads!!!!!! any opinions would be appriciate...:hiya:

Peace

DCx:suicide:

I think you may need to check through your post again, do you really mean DVI->USB or DVI->HDMI ?

Also if you really do mean 80 meters then you really need to be considering Cat5e solutions not a normal HDMI cable.

hmmmm. yea thanks mate... should have proof read it after like... yes i do mean to HDMI its for linking the blueray to the pc....

yea i mean 8o metres.... need it to cross over the house to the pool room at the bottom of the garden... thinking it would be cheaper for a cable then a new player but look like i might have to just get another player...
hmmmmmm

thanks tho man... good eyes!!!!!!!!:lesson:

cat5e solutions... is that a frim/company? or is it refering to the quality of the lead... like cat1 etc... ?

right right right... im getting the hang of this now... so basically im wanting to stretch the cable over too long a distance...

so i might need to look at repeaters or this cat 5 thing is fibre optic... hmmmm i see a plan coming together...

nice work AV heads!!!!

BiG lOVe :clap:

Joe... i thought i might have been...:boring: lol... but yea im liking the fact that it might be possible to run this over 80metres... im getting the idea that cos its such a long way, to send a high quality signal over such a distance, im going to loose quality, so the fibre solution is going to be the way forward right!!!

it is for a projector actually, im converting the pool house in to a kind of deb for the wifes kids to live n i dont want them to have controll over the sky hd box (nor do i wanna buy another subscription for em) but yes it is for a projector so im guessing ill need one of these booster things for that too...

thanks for the links joe! your a star!

a picture is slowly coming together!!! (no pun intended):clap:

Peace out

Dcx:devil::smashin:

Hello dietcole

Just don't tell the wife you've been dreaming about AV systems - or locking her up in the pool house :D

HDMI over Ethernet is a lot less costly then HDMI over Fibre and while Fibre is the preferred option for critical viewing on a large projection screen I'd suggest that HDMI over Ethernet will be more than sufficient for what you have in mind.

See The Media Factory

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom