1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVi cable of over 7.5m in length

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by babaroga, Aug 27, 2003.

1. babaroga

babaroga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hello all,

I have been thinking of installing a DVI cable for my future projector (hopefully HT1000). Unfortunately, I need a run of about 15m. Does anybody else have experience with such a length, as the standard recomendation by company that made DVI spec is max 7.5m. I have found a place that sells them in length of 10m.

http://www.lindy.com/uk/productfolder/04/41243/index.php

regards
    Darko

2. Anders_UK

Anders_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have installed a DVI cable of 150Ft or just over 50m in a recent car simulator project. Although you can get them up to 500m now.

They are quite expensive but definatley worth it. The company we got it from was called Gefen but there are a load more that do them. The DVI connector is the same but inside the shell is a little transmitter one end with a receiver the other that converts it to optical and back again. Will transmit up to 1920x1024@60Hz but you need a bit of umph from your graphics card, around 350 mA.

But 15m is simple.

3. babaroga

babaroga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for your info, can you send me some details about Gefen and where and how to contact them ? I have tried searching on Google, but with not much luck.

regrads
    Darko

4. Anders_UK

Anders_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, some general info that you can try...

www.gefen.com product code.....DVIX-60

www.monitoroutlet.com product code.....LL-DDI66

www.inlineinc.com product code IN9775-3 (available through RGB Comms)

Hope this helps you on your way..be prepared to be a few hundred notes lighter! Also check the maximum pixel clock speed and resolution cabability..usually either 125 or 165MHz and at 1280x1024@60Hz

Good luck