DVI cable interference issues

eyedee

Standard Member
I recently bought a new LG M227WDP lcd tv/monitor which seems to have been something of a bargain at less than £200. It is very well equipped and has a great quality screen for the cash.

I am having a problem with the DVI cable though. The first DVI cable I purchased was quite large where it connected to the monitor and this stopped the TV from being mounted to the wall successfully. So I bought another DVI cable with a shorter connector block, but this cable has awful interference issues. It casts shadows and green and red 'dirt' all over the display.

The cable has to be run alongside a TV coax cable and a TOS-Link digital optical cable, so it must be interference proof.

Can anyone recommend me a good DVI cable with a short connector block and impressive non-interference qualities please?

eyedee

Standard Member
Not to worry. Since posting I've tried a number of cables and it turns out that the interference ridden cable is utter rubbish. No other cable has suffered any interference. New cable fitted and problem solved.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom