1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVHS Dtheatre - conections to BG808?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by NickBull, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As my BG808 only has the 5 BNC input (I think) how would you connect the DVHS Dtheatre VCR to the projector?

I am monitoring how this is going in the US and if it looks like taking off I might be tempted to buy one and import a few films.

Any info would be great

Cheers

Nick

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I suspect these will out put either on an HD15 plug like a VGA connector or will come out component.

If the forma is the case then just via the standard input or the 2nd RGB port three.

If it is the latter then you will need a high bandwith compenent to RGB converter as the BG808 does not take component. (you need an "s" version for that)

3. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How much are the converters?

I can see I may be waiting for HD DVD if thinsg start adding up.

I'll research the VCR a bit, see what the connections are.

Thanks

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    They output component...pretty sure about that. So you'll likely need a Key Digital transcoder $300.

Gordon

5. Old Projector

Old Projector

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nick, output is Component on 3 RCA phones. Most tapes, including the demo tape, are at 1080i which the 808s does not handle correctly so you are no worse off with the non "s" projector. There is no fix for the "s" not dealing with 1080i Component acording to Barco, you have to have a Component to RGB transcoder capable of 1080i and 720p with at least a 50Mhz RGB bandwidth. Altinex TR6102HD is the one I use. If you go D-VHS be prepared to bin every DVD you own! Terminator 2 releases 6th of June with loads more to follow very soon.
    Henry

6. harry_thx

harry_thx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

@Henry
    Do I understand your posting correct? Although the 808s can handle component singals it still needs a converter, because it will only handle 1080i on his RGB inputs?
    I have a 808, a friend of mine the 808s. We both think about upgrading to the JVC HDTV. Till today I thought that only I need a converter and that my friend can go the direct way.

Is there any difference ( technique, bandwith, quality and price) between the KeyDigital, which I want to use and the Altinex?

Do you have a Link for Altinex informations?

Thanks

Harry

7. Old Projector

Old Projector

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Harry
    The 808s accepts Component but for some reason it does not deal correctly with 1080i, the image is very dark indeed. Barco are aware of this I think and it's a well documented problem. The Key Digital transcoder is much cheaper than the Alitinex unit and looks fine for the job, only draw back is outputs are HD15 connectors which limit you to minature cables. Altinex are at www.alitnex.com
    Henry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.