1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVE for free and more!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by welsbyr, Oct 28, 2004.

1. welsbyr

welsbyr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, by the time I get home from work I should be the proud new owner of a Panny 42PWD6 as advised by this forum! Went for the £1580 offer from av-sales, who incidentally have been brilliant so far allowing me to change the input board to the now free component+svid+composite board! Anyway, to the point... While searching round for the best price on the DVE disc I came across cd-wow's dvd rental service. They're offering a 14 day free trial and even if you cancel after that they still send you an £8.99 voucher for a cd! (Well so it says anyway!) So, I have just signed up to the free trial and rented DVE which should be at my house tomorrow. Then I'll return the discs (got 2 others as well just cos you can) and cancel and get me a free cd! Not bad eh? Obviously you don't get to keep DVE but if you need to use it again then just do the same on screenselect/globalerentals/tesco etc. Apologies if this has been spotted before!

Also, I've been wondering just what is TOO bright? Are there any numbers which I should be looking at setting on a panny pw6, especially in the 'break in' period?

Cheers,

Ric.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Take it out of DYNAMIC MODE use cinema and 0 ish on brightness IIRC

3. welsbyr

welsbyr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks hornydragon!

Ric.