DVE 506XDE colour problem

W

westwing2505

Ok...I've had the plasma for over a week and as I have said before...it is the best AV investment I have made.

However I’ve come across another issue which I hope you guys can help me with.

I've played through the PAL component DVE disc. As I was calibrating the colour, you have to use those plastic colour filters provided with the box. The problem is I can't calibrate the green and red test patterns. If anyone is familiar with the procedure maybe you can help me.

Basically, as the DVE progresses, the narrator explains how the colour systems work and how NTSC has problems etc. Thus, you have to calibrate the colours. However, the narrator says PAL and SECAM don't have this problem of displaying reds unlike NTSC or something to that effect.

I can successfully calibrate the blue colour using the colour function on the 506 and using the blue eye filter. No problem.

However, no matter what I do (expect individually altering the R, G, B, M, Y, C options), i can not get the red or green reference material to look how the DVE tells me to look. Consequently, I get this over powering reds when using colour bars and colour bleeds on oranges.

I am using a panasonic EH60D via component. Neither interlaced nor progressive output makes a difference. The blues are set up correctly, but why can't i get the reds and greens to how the DVE tells me too?

Can anyone tell me what options I should have off, on or how I should alter the individual colours via colour management. I bet most of you will say that you won't have this problem. If that is the case then I may start kicking up a fuss.

Advice.... :lease:

Thanks

You cannot adjust the RGBCMY with DVE and filters. You also will have just discovered that the filters are not accurate with plasma. Particularly green. Just use the blue filter and adjust overall colour with it. DO NOT MAKE ANY ADJUSTMENTS TO RGB in RGBCMY section as you will just limit the range of colours your display can show.

If you want it all set up tip top to spec then call in the professional ISF guys (that's me by the way...)

Gordon

Gordon @ Convergent AV said:
If you want it all set up tip top to spec then call in the professional ISF guys (that's me by the way...)

Gordon

Hi. Sorry to hijack this thread, but what does this mean? What is involved? How do I find someone local to me? How much does it cost? yadda yadda yadda...

I have a Pioneer XDS506XDE, Toshiba RD-XS30SB, Denon AVR-3805, KEF 5005, Telewest cable TVand lots of fancy, (rather) expensive cabling.

I've read all the setup guides etc, but still am not 100% sure what I shoudl be doing; RGB, Scart, setting, 75Hz vs 100Hz etc. even as far as with the amp and cable settings.

Been thinking of getting someone in to sort it all for me... (jderbyshire at blueyonder.co.uk)

Yeah me to. I've got the 506XDE coming next Sunday. I'm thinking of giving One of the guys on here a go. I think most of them visit anywhere in the uk.

Yeah thanks for that Rover, I'll bare that in mind.

Unfortunately, I'd messed around with the RGBMCY settings. If I put them back to 0, will it 'unlimit' the colour ranges again?

Everything is fine. I just needed to reduce the intensity of the reds.

I will eventually get it ISF'ed. when i decide to get it done, you'll be the first to know.

thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom