Quantcast

DVDWORLDUSA.COM still waiting for delivery

madacj

I have had plenty of successful deliveries from them but one of my recent orders has yet to arrive. The website says it was dispatched on the 30th but it hasn't arrived as yet. To top it all of I have to wait 21 days to report it. Will it arrive? How long have some of you fellow posters had to wait?

replicant81

is that the 30th of january? its only 9 days (10 tomorrow) and zavvi and play take 7-10 days.

i take it they send from the states? so it should be with you soon.

Indiana Jones

madacj said:
But I paid £2.95 for 3-5 day delivery.
Actually the extra £2.95 is just to upgrade it from Royal Mail First Class to Special Delivery, 3-5 days is there standard delivery window for all orders whether you pay the extra or not.

For the record I had an item take 9 days to arrive just before Xmas but normally it's 3-4 days.

Last edited:

dav-t

Distinguished Member
the way the post is in this country I would not blame them yet ,I have loads of stuff go missing sending and receiving
rgds
d

madacj

But you have to pay that £2.95 as their minimum delivery fee, if you want to order with them. I also ordered skyfall after this missing item and I've had that a few days now. They were very quick with that.

Indiana Jones

madacj said:
But you have to pay that £2.95 as their minimum delivery fee, if you want to order with them. I also ordered skyfall after this missing item and I've had that a few days now. They were very quick with that.
Sounds like it might have got lost in the post system then, can't blame them for that and like all companies they will ask that you wait a set amount of time before they issue a replacement or refund.

madacj

Indiana Jones said:
Sounds like it might have got lost in the post system then, can't blame them for that and like all companies they will ask that you wait a set amount of time before they issue a replacement or refund.
Do you think I will still get this item eventually, without having to report it?

Indiana Jones

Do you think I will still get this item eventually, without having to report it?
If it has been lost in the post then reporting it to them is the only way you will get a replacement or refund otherwise they would just assume it has been delivered.

madacj

Indiana Jones said:
If it has been lost in the post then reporting it to them is the only way you will get a replacement or refund otherwise they would just assume it has been delivered.
No I meant could it just be delayed for whatever reason.

Indiana Jones

No I meant could it just be delayed for whatever reason.
It's possible but i would let them know now just to set things in motion.

Nearly all my orders from DVDWorldUSA have taken around a week or more and only a few have arrived within a week. A couple have taken a fortnight.

madacj

I emailed them to inform them of the delay and they apologised. They said I have to wait till friday as it has to have been in the postal system 15 days before I can fill in a declaration form. If I have to fill in one of these forms I was thinking of choosing the 'send me another item and refund once Royal Mail claim is settled' option. Has anyone had experience with these forms?

I've never had a problem with them so couldn't comment.

Hopefully it's not like DVD.co.uk, I ordered Vicar of Dibley a few years back and it never arrived so they sent a replacement but also closed my account saying they couldn't post to an address they have difficulty delivering to and that was because of 1 parcel out of 70 going astray!!!!

Gooble Gobble

Yep was going to ask, are they a trustworthy site as I've never ordered from them. I heard they were customs friendly as they ship from within the UK? I want to order some blu-rays that are also on Amazon but Amazon apparently look out for over the limit deliveries now(my last three orders in a row over £15 have been caught and have to pay the horrible Royal Mail fee). So I'd rather pay slightly more off this site if there is no way of customs getting in the way than get caught again via the Amazon route.

Any information is fabulous.

simonblue

Distinguished Member
Yep was going to ask, are they a trustworthy site as I've never ordered from them. I heard they were customs friendly as they ship from within the UK? I want to order some blu-rays that are also on Amazon but Amazon apparently look out for over the limit deliveries now(my last three orders in a row over £15 have been caught and have to pay the horrible Royal Mail fee). So I'd rather pay slightly more off this site if there is no way of customs getting in the way than get caught again via the Amazon route.

Yep no real problem with dealing with them,i would use them again :)

Indiana Jones

100% trustworthy, I have been using them for all my imports since PlanetAxel went under, on average releases have been arriving 2 weeks before release with delivery taking 3-5 days and no customs worries.

Received my latest delivery of 5 BDs today and none are due for release until March 11th :)

If you want to continue using Amazon though just select one of the expedited shipping methods and you can pre-pay the customs fees so no royal mail handling fee.

Gooble Gobble

select one of the expedited shipping methods and you can pre-pay the customs fees so no royal mail handling fee.
Never thought of that so will look into that, but thanks for your reply about DVDworldusa, I would like to use them because they have some blu-rays I want cheaper than Amazon anyway. :)

Anything official on the customs bit though, they ship from within the UK and so on?

Last edited:

Indiana Jones

Gooble Gobble said:
Never thought of that so will look into that, but thanks for your reply about DVDworldusa, I would like to use them because they have some blu-rays I want cheaper than Amazon anyway. :)

Anything official on the customs bit though, they ship from within the UK and so on?
Yes they re-ship from inside the UK, my package today was sent Royal Mail Special Delivery due to the value but it's normally first class, not sure how they manage such fast deliveries but I hope they keep it up :)

Gooble Gobble

^ Well I've ordered some films from them, just hoping they come with the slipcases(Wreak It Ralph, Frankenweenie). :)