Dvdworld Usa..........

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by marts500, May 27, 2008.

1. marts500

marts500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Some of HD-DVD titles i am looking for i can only find on dvdworld usa and a couple of the other U.S sites.What are the pitfalls from importing discs from outside of the EU?Should i order them one-by-one to avoid customs?Is it below £18 or something?Any advice would be helpful.

Any tips or links to fast-cheap-reliable sites.

Cheers :)

2. vtrmart

vtrmart
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,182
    Although my recent experience of ordering a new title with them ( Rambo Blu ray) was less than stellar, before that, DVDworld were spot on. If it is a catalogue title ( like hd dvd stuff is now), then they are really quick at getting them out to you as they are also in the UK ( chester), therefore no customs. I have put a few orders in with the total amount coming in at over £100 per order and was not smacked with charges. Even if your order is over £18, the likes of Movietyme.com and DVDworldusa are customs friendly. Avoid Amazon.com as you will be charged customs. If you want to order specific titles, use this link: http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/ and type in ( for example) Harry potter hd dvd in the region 1 tab. That will take you to the cheapest sellers ( normally on amazon uk) who sell R1 HD DVDs.......normally CAIMAN comes up the cheapest on this site- had a few bargains myself, and cos they are a market place seller, they send stuff individually so again, no charges!

You could also try ezydvd.com ( aussie site) they have a few bargains on there HD DVD wise- i ordered last Weds, and bearing in mind we had a bank holiday, i got them today:thumbsup: