1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdsoon & refunds?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by bertha, Dec 22, 2004.

1. bertha

bertha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Hello all - just had an email from dvdsoon saying that the copy of Reservoir Dogs that I had on order since September has been discontinued!? There was no mention in their email about crediting me (as they take the dosh off you at the outset) - I have emailed them asking them for the credit which hopefully will be a little quicker, has anyone had a similar situation and been refunded no probs?

Just a little concerned as the email seemed a little matter of fact with no apology or mention of refunding, play & cd wow are usually quite upfront about delays & hitches (sometimes giving you vouchers for any inconvenience) which is fair enough..

Oh well I'll hopefully hear from them dvdsoon :rolleyes:

2. thxultra

thxultra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    If you log in to your account then scroll down to available credit , the money should be there to use on your next purchase

3. bertha

bertha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    thanks thx I'll have a look - guess I'm getting a little paranoid in my old age..

berth :smoke:

4. Charlton Fan

Charlton Fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I also had an email like this yesterday for my Simpsons series 5 which I've had on order for a long while. Thought it a bit odd, and wondered how I was gonna get my money back. Turns out when I logged on to my account, it had moved the item into packaging, and sure enough today, I got an email saying that it had been despatched! Seems that just because they email you saying it has been discontinued, it might not necessarily mean it!! Very odd! :confused:

Chris

5. bertha

bertha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    :thumbsdow
    Well just checked out my account at dvdsoon and it is saying credit $0
    There is nothing in pending, packaging or even shipped to show what I'd bought previously...

Not a happy bunny!

I've emailed them again..although I get the distinct feeling that I won't be hearing from them for a good while..

6. Chrisw2k

Chrisw2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DVD Soon has said that the simpsons s5 issue was caused by fox changing to one bilingual releases instead of a separate english and french releases. They discontinued one of the duplicate items on their site and automatically changed everyone to the proper item. (according to dv-depots site the bilingual packaging is just a bilingual sleeve over the top of the normal fully english packaging so you can bin the extra sleeve when you get it)

DVD Soon seem to send the discontinued emails out automatically when they discontinue an item, that doesn't mean you won't get it as they sometimes still have stock on the way for current orders, this happened earlier in the year to me when an item I ordered was changed to discontinued but a week later it was shipped.

7. guysie

guysie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered from them back in november still waiting, is it worth paying a couple more quid with amazon,play etc.
    At least you know where you stand DVDSLOW :censored: