1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDSOON marked my 320 Dollar order as 24 Dollars!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by castle, Dec 18, 2002.

1. castle

castle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Got my DHL Parcel from DVDSoon yesterday and I thought this time I had to get clobbered for VAT as the total price was 320 CAD.

To my delight I noticed the value printed on the outside as 24 CAD!

The main item I ordered was the complete Upstairs Downstairs (for my mum) at 298 CAD. As DVDSoon ofered a free upgrade to DHL for all orders over 300 CAD I added another title.

I know some people in the forum have had bad experiences with DVDSoon, but I've received everything in a timely accurate fashion and I've still to see their LOTR 4-disk price of £17.99 bettered.

Until they disapoint me, they will be my supplier of choice, along with CDWOW.

2. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Got my LOTR from Amazon after using a $5 coupon fromthe DVD forums it cost me £16.50 including postage.

3. Ryan

Ryan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DvdSoon mark each item in an order as $12 regardless of actual cost so if you ordered 2 items the postage is $24.

You've got love them for that.;)

I was regretting cancelling my LOTR box set from them when I heard that everyone was being clobbered for VAT from PLAY because they marked the actual price on the box (as the're supposed to). But my order got lost in the post so PLAY sent me another but because they had to reorder it without charging me the proce on the box was £0 so I didn't get charged.:D