dvdsoon increases?

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by brian mc, Jan 10, 2005.

1. brian mc

brian mc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Have noticed though that dvdsoon have on average increased all their titles by $2.00 - kinda mysterious? :mad:

2. shoestring25

shoestring25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +437
    i thought they had reduced their prices on alot of preorders from the usual $25.98 to about $20.98 and new releases but thinking of it if you have to pay for postage $4.98 now they are about the same as they were before when postage was free

the bargin titles and older titles have gone up by a couple of dolars so including the price of postage are now quite expensive.

3. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +931
    they always do this at the begining of the year. by end of feb free delivery will be back and pee off those of us who got a fidelity card

4. Aretak

Aretak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    I very much doubt free delivery will come back... unless, of course, Soon's sales take a nosedive.

5. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +931
    lets hope not for those who were hoping the extra savings on postage would justify the cost of the discount card. I have already saved 000's of $ so not too fussed. I wish thier prices wouldn't fluctuate so much though. Its almost a full time job keeping track of your orders to work out if you should cancel and reorder

6. sdss

sdss
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i ordered enough to justify the cost of the card - so i'm not too bothered.
    although from their point of view it'd probably be preferable to drop the price of the card (and/or offer it with no extra 5% discount) to offering free postage altogether (at least that way they get some $$$ and encourage customer loyalty)

of the 10 dvd orders i made during the promotion - 7 prices have gone up, 2 remained unchanged and 1 has fallen. So overall the prices do seem to have risen

although the price fluctuations always keep things interesting

7. kiran_mk2

kiran_mk2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    It's happened for the last 2 years - whenever free postage ends, the prices suddenly get a bit cheaper and when free postage innevitably comes back, the prices rise to compensate. Given the way DVDSoon seems to operate, the icard scheme seems to be a way to to quickly increase the company's cashflow.

8. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I like the price changes. It means that an order can be quickly cancelled and reordered if the price has dropped.