Dvdsoon & Customs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by denonman, Sep 13, 2002.

1. denonman

denonman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm wanting to order some dvd's from dvdsoon namely
    LORD OF THE RINGS - COLLECTORS BOXSET
    SPIDER-MAN- ULTIMATE BOXSET
    ET; THE EXTRA TERRESTRIAL - ULTIMATE BOXSET
    LORD OF THE RINGS - EXTENDED EDITION
    If i order all at the same time i get free PUROLATOR EXPRESS DELIVERY does any body have any dealings with them & did they get stung by customs "cough** ****ers" & excise, are they customs friendly? I'm concerned cos this is gonna be huge & heavy & dont know if PUROLATOR grass you up to customs"cough ******ers" & excise..I'd appreciate any thoughts and/ or advice...........

2. malcy

malcy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A few comments
    - If you get the standard delivery C$4.99 they declare a customs value of C$12 per item even for boxsets, althought I think customs will not believe that for LOTR 5 disk and charge you if they catch it
    - Going for the Purolator is insured courier delivery so they put on
    the real value of items therefore with all being shipped together very good chance of getting caught
    - They charge your credit card immediately on pre-orders
    - Customer service is rubbish and they can take ages to ship
    - However they are very cheap.
    - May have problems with verification especially for such a large initial order (this is credit checking as overseas customer, want to check card is not nicked and its your real address), this can take ages, there are plenty of treads on the subject over at thedvdforums

Forgot to say they wait until all items in a particular order are instock before shipping so for above you will be waiting until ET is released in December. Partial shipping of big orders is possible, but seems very hard to get them to do.

As based in Canada they sell Canadian versions so biligual sleeves for ET and LOTR (is a problem for some buyers).

3. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Standard delivery takes around 10 days.

I had a problem with my initial order verification (outlined by malcy above). However, I left an answerphone message with the company who telephoned me back minutes later - everything sorted without a snag. (So I'd praise their customer service dept.).

4. denonman

denonman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanx alot guys , much appreciated

5. denonman

denonman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Problem solved
    going to chicago for thanksgiving to see friend & he's buying all 4 boxsets for me for a birthday/ chrimbo prezzie.
    CHUFFED to bitz:D