DVDSoon.com shipping - interesting.

pmwhelan

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is in the right section.

I got this email for DVDSoon.com's customer 'service'

Its worth a read.

p

Dear Sir.

Our apologies for the delay of my reply. You can get the status of an order by viewing your account. For an in depth explanation of how to check your order status please visit the following link:
http://www.dvdsoon.com/faq.xml#21 You can also visit the following link for complete explanation of the different status you may encounter such as Discontinued and To be Determined:
http://www.dvdsoon.com/status-description.xml

Please understand that an item can take 4 - 6 weeks to come in stock. If the item you have ordered is not on hand by the end of this delay we do contact the manufacturer to see if there are any problems. If there are any problems the status of your order is modified and will be sent to you on your weekly order status e-mail. If you do not receive this e-mail please do not worry as you can also check your account following the information provided in the above links to acquire this information.
If the status of your item remains as On Order it is because the item is on order with the manufacturer and they are unable to offer a turn around for its arrival.

In the mean time, if you do find the delays too long, you may cancel any order located in the Pending section of your account. You can cancel your order at your leisure by logging in to your account and opening the order located under the pending tab. Once there you will be presented with your order details. At the end of the details you will locate a red cancellation button. Simply click on this button to cancel the order and issue a credit to your DVDSoon account.

Unfortunately items that are in packaging are no longer in our system and cannot be modified. If your item has been in packaging longer than normal we do apologize for this. Unfortunately we did receive an unanticipated load of orders and are currently working on rectifying this situation. Our shipping department has been reviewed and redone to accommodate this load and a new system has been implemented. We are happy to say that the new system is a vast improvement and we hope to be caught up on this backlog shortly.

If your order does remain in packaging for more than one week and none of the items have shipped, please do contact me once again so that I may investigate. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences we may have caused. If you need anything else please do contact us once again.

Still doesn't explain why titles that say "in stock 48-72 hours" if there not.

ordered 3 titles on 20 november that all said in stock. One was despatched mid december, the other two have just been despatched. All this time all 3 titles were still displayed as "in stock 48-72 hours".

Rant over. I will still use them.

It is a cr@p system if you cancel an order you only get a credit note on your account so then you still have to spend money with them.

Why not do things like play for instance as they dont take payment until item is in stock and as long as your order has not been processed you can cancel it and they wont take the money from you

slowen said:
It is a cr@p system if you cancel an order you only get a credit note on your account so then you still have to spend money with them.

Why not do things like play for instance as they dont take payment until item is in stock and as long as your order has not been processed you can cancel it and they wont take the money from you

I actually like DVDSoons system to be onest, and you can get a refund to card its not very hard to do,

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom