1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdsoon boxes v free packaging

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by Gorshin, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My pet hate when buying dvds online is a fear of them arriving loose in the case. I call it the 'death rattle'. It's a sort of phobia I've developed! I've noticed that dvds can be released from their holding clips if the case is compressed tightly on the outside. This must happen alot especially when dvds are shipped in padded envelopes. I used to get loads of dvds from play loose in their cases, and it winds me right up!!!! I dislike the potential for scratches on my new dvds!

My point is has anyone ever upgraded to dvdsoon's box delivery ($1 more expensive) over the free delivery option. Are the boxes worth the extra $ and do they solve the problem of the 'death rattle'??? I've noticed that cdwow use boxes and I've never had a 'rattler' from them yet after 40+ dvds. Any advice on dvdsoon boxes please!

2. chris110

chris110
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My guess would be that they are just as likely to be released whether in the box or not. DVD Soons padded evelopes seem to keep the dvd contents pretty secure and are one of the best types of envelopes around IMO.

3. mykl1971

mykl1971
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been getting boxsets from DVDSoon delivered in boxes without me asking for it - Buffy Season 6 being the latest example. They use "inflated plastic" as padding and I've not had any rattlers.

I had to return Season 2 of Smallville to Loaded 24 7 recently, however, due to a loose, scratched disc 5.

4. deckard

deckard
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered Total Recall SE and specified a box, it came very securely packed with air padding inside. If this kind of thing's important to you it's probably 60p well spent!

5. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I always pay for the boxes (it only works out at about 45p!!) - they are sturdy boxes with those air filled plastic bags inside. Worth every penny.

6. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Lex, I'll do this in future. I'm presuming their like the now legendary cdwow boxes?

7. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    The standard DVD Soon box is 8" x 6 1/4" x 4" in real money.

I'm not sure how they ship bigger packages, but I'm about to find out with the imminent arrival of the CAN$128 12-disc Spacecraft Films Megapack. I've a feeling it may be too bulky to escape the attentions of HMC&E!

A DVD Soon box earlier today:

Attached Files:

8. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I've had 2 instances of 'death rattle' with DVD's from CD Wow, so I'm not sure the packaging is really the issue. But then again the reason I'm happy to use CD Wow is their excelent service. I just email them, and another one is sent without question, and a freepost jiffy bag then arrives for the one I'm not happy with. Top service - the only funny thing is they usually get sent out at the same time but the Jiffy bag from Beaconsfield (UK) always arrives after the DVD from Hong Kong!

Paul