1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDSoon best Canadian Web DVD retaier!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by hughesy, May 11, 2005.

1. hughesy

hughesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    THought some of you find find this entertaining!! I recently sent DVDSoon an email enquiring why i have not recieved my 1GB memorystick duo that i ordered 4 weeks ago when they said that the order would be completed in 2 to 4 weeks of the order date. I got a reply that it is due to them not recieving stock from their suppliers.

Anyway to get to the entertaining bit, this was attached to the bottom of the email....

We are proud to inform you that DVDSoon.com has been selected as the
    "best Canadian web DVD retailer" by the Canadian Home Entertainment
    industry, during the 2th annual Canadian Entertainment Network Awards
    (CENA), which was held in Toronto, on April 26, 2005.
    :suicide:

Wonder how they pick the winners????

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Maybe the longer the delivery times you can offer to customers the more points you score.

3. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    When I first started using DvdSoon 2 years ago they were pretty quick to ship orders. Also, they used to mark all items down to $12 Cdn or about £5. In this way I had 2 GC games sent together and still no tax to pay. Unfortuantly there service has gone downhill and now you know you're gonna have to wait for everything. Still, I did get a PSP Gretzky value pack (minus Spiderman 2 UMD), for just £100 inc UPS trackable del. Might have been 2 weeks late, but at that price I can hardly complain. No tax to pay either. :clap:

4. BenM

BenM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At least you got a reply mate :(

Ive been chasing my order for a 1GB stick for a week now cos they promised it would be here last week.

Still waiting. . . . . . . . . .

5. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    I had to do a chargeback through my credit card to get refunded off DVDSoon for orders placed back at Christmas or just after. DVDSoon have now closed my account. One of the worst companies I've ever dealt with but even now their prices still tempt me but I have to force myself to resist. I think its one of those rapid growth, high wages and then death type businesses. They operate on the basis that their growth means they will also have enough to pay their suppliers at the end of the month even if they lose money on transactions. The trouble is when they stop growing and sales stabilise they can't pay their suppliers off. Of course I could be wrong but they give every indication of being that sort of supplier. Their prices easily beat their competitors before they then offer further discounts to card members.