lazarus

Established Member
Reaction score
Have just ordered the following

Master and Commander £9.68
The Missing £10.48
Big Fish £10.08

free shipping as well.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, but how can you tell what you lot are paying on foriegn web sites ?? especially when you state a dvd cost you £9.68.

1. Are you billed at the time of the order ?
2. What is the exchange rate at the time the take the money from you a/c ?
3. I can check 3 different currency conversion sites and get 3 different results.
4. Then I get a completely different rate from my credit card a/c.
5. some companies who offer links to convert for you on site is normally always different to what you are charged.

1. Yes.
2. Your credit card statement (check it online) will tell you. With Nation Wide it's almost identical to the rate you will get from xe.com at the time of the transaction.
3. Yup, but they will all be very similar if you are using the right sites.
4. You have a cc that charges comission, get Nation Wide or similar.
5. Don't use those conversions, they are almost always out of date.

Anything else?

:D

I bet I wasn't the only one who didn't no that.

Apart from nationwide who else has non-commissioned rates ? anyone ?

Just ordered,
Kill Bill,
Mona Lisa Smile,
Truth About Cats & Dogs,
Some spongebob Squareundies dvd for the kids.

And it all came to less than £27.....now thats a bargain & a Half.....they could still charge postage and it will still be cheaper than most sites and ALL high street stores.:clap: :smashin:

RBS don't either!

Originally posted by andypandy
Apart from nationwide who else has non-commissioned rates ? anyone ?

Maybe somebody can correct me, but I use NatWest, and I haven't noticed any commission fees on foreign purchases. If they have it, it's very small.

I use natwest visa too. It just seems they are always higher at the time than anyone else. I get the feeling they would not tell you anyway - they would just give you their rate, fullstop.

Originally posted by Azrikam
Maybe somebody can correct me, but I use NatWest, and I haven't noticed any commission fees on foreign purchases. If they have it, it's very small.

i might be wrong but there is always commission of some sort - Visa and Mastercard both add a small charge in with their exchange rate. The credit card company can also add another charge on top of that too.

I bought the Rocky gift set ( I have been meaning to buy this for a while) from them for £17.00 for all five films which is a bargain.

cheers Dave.

DVDSOON have very good prices but I am not going to buy more dvd from them.If I buy a DVD from them its only when it is a pre order title.

They charge the credit card when you make the order some titles they have a waiting of 3 to 5 days but I have an order from the 14 of january and another from 18 febuary both are still on order.

Great service :thumbsdow

Originally posted by figlio
DVDSOON have very good prices but I am not going to buy more dvd from them.If I buy a DVD from them its only when it is a pre order title.

They charge the credit card when you make the order some titles they have a waiting of 3 to 5 days but I have an order from the 14 of january and another from 18 febuary both are still on order.

Great service :thumbsdow

Yeah, I've got an order from Jan 21 that is still out of stock, and another order that went from "pre-order" to "on order", so I'm sure that's another few weeks wait.

On the other hand, I emailed to inquire about the out of stock item, and they responded within 12 hours. It was a stock email, but at least it was quick. :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom