I've said this before, and I'll say it again, but how can you tell what you lot are paying on foriegn web sites ?? especially when you state a dvd cost you £9.68.
1. Are you billed at the time of the order ?
2. What is the exchange rate at the time the take the money from you a/c ?
3. I can check 3 different currency conversion sites and get 3 different results.
4. Then I get a completely different rate from my credit card a/c.
5. some companies who offer links to convert for you on site is normally always different to what you are charged.
2. Your credit card statement (check it online) will tell you. With Nation Wide it's almost identical to the rate you will get from xe.com at the time of the transaction.
3. Yup, but they will all be very similar if you are using the right sites.
4. You have a cc that charges comission, get Nation Wide or similar.
5. Don't use those conversions, they are almost always out of date.
i might be wrong but there is always commission of some sort - Visa and Mastercard both add a small charge in with their exchange rate. The credit card company can also add another charge on top of that too.