1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdsoon and orders pending

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by bobajob, Mar 22, 2003.

1. bobajob

bobajob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I placed my first order on the 16th.Its still marked as pending.Is this usual.The movie was in stock when I ordered.

bobajob

2. music man

music man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dvd soon are terrible at shiping order, i have had items pending for weeks with them, also although they items appear in stock they often aren't. Your best option is to email them, but don't expect a prompt reply as their customer service is terrible.

3. MonkeyDonkey

MonkeyDonkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    They were really fast shipping my Donnie Darko which I ordered around this time last month. Unfortunately it didn't turn up until today, and when I opened it, it was Road to Perdition DTS. :rolleyes:
    Something I wanted anyway and I've just got it for £5.50. :clap:

I would normally have sent it back but I'm really quite annoyed at such a simple mistake and the time its taken to recieve it, not to mention the case was broken. (I know the last two are probably down to ye olde poste service) I can understand shipping the wrong version of a film, or perhaps even the wrong disc when its a part of a trilogy, but how on earth anyone can confuse Donnie Darko for Road to Perdition is beyond me. It clearly states on the back of the envelope what film it is. Plus with comments like music man's I think I made the right decision to watch it tonight ;) rather than mess about with their customer service.

Now I've gotta find somewhere to order Donnie Darko from, hopefully I'll get the damn thing before the May release date of region 2!

4. bobajob

bobajob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just knew those prices where to good to be true.Got some other discs on order with them as well.It looks like I wont be using them again.Guess I should have done a search on the forums before I ordered from them.

bobajob

5. shippers

shippers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered blackhawk down from dvd soon last year, i recieved said item a within a couple of days...then bugger me they sent me another 2 days later,top banana i thought!!!
    And i did only get charged for one!:smashin: :smashin:

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So you ordered something on the 16th and it went out of stock and now they're waiting for new stock. Excuse me, but what's the big deal here? It's only the 25th, getting new stock takes a while. This happens everywhere.

If you don't want to wait for them to get more in stock, just cancel your order and get a refund. It's simple enough - there's a button to do just that in your account page.

7. Sgt.Colon

Sgt.Colon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Then pop down to HMV or Comet and buy it over the counter.

8. apul

apul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    its taken a week for them to send out my Unreal 2, was dispatched today. alot slower than most places but for £16 instead of £30ish from HMV, i aint complaining!
    just gotta wait and see how long it takes for a couple of dvds to be despatched from them ;)

9. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Well, I've been using DVD Soon for over a year now, and never had any problems. The DVDs are among the cheapest you'll find anywhere, at around £12 for most titles, even 2 discers. The postal service from Canada is really quick too, compared to US shipping. My discs from Soon always arrive around 3-4 days from shipping, whereas DVDs from US sites take about 10 days door to door.

My only gripe is the recent dual language packaging, but that's not the fault of the vendor, although I do find it off putting. However, you'll get that with many Canadian sourced discs now, even from UK outlets like Play, and Future Entertainment.

10. zantarous

zantarous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    They are just like any other vendor out there. Sometimes you will have a good experiance and some times it won't be great. I have had titles arive in two to three days and even had a problem with my cc that took three weeks to solve.

But at the prices they charge is what makes them so damn attractive. The only real problem is that their website does not state if the item is in stock or not.

11. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    That's a very good point, zantarous, and something I wish they would update.

12. Garbo

Garbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I placed my first order from DVDSoon recently. I preordered Jackass a couple of weeks before release. The release date was Tuesday the 25th, it was shipped on fri 21st and arrived in Tuesday, the day of the release data, that was with the $4.98 shipping option, great service IMO. Thats faster than some UK based retailers (ie. play) and it came from Canada. They also mark every dvd as $12 to avoid customs. :smashin:

13. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Yes, that's a real bonus. I got the Lord Of The Rings 4 disc set from there - it cost me just over £18, but they marked it as £12. You can ship goods up to the value of £18 before paying import tax, but this is still a good move by Soon.

As I said, apart from the lack of info regarding stock, I can't fault them, and would recommend them to anyone, providing you don't mind the dual language packaging on some DVDs.