1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDSoon and dvdpricecheck - wrong price

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by jradley, Nov 3, 2004.

1. jradley

jradley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    Hi,

Following on from the issue yesterday whereby loads of stuff was priced at CA$6.66 but later in the day went to $16.98 I have spotted an anomaly with DVDSoon and www.dvdpricecheck.co.uk

Take a title, eg. Titanic - dvdpricecheck shows DVDSoon being the cheapest supplier at £2.97 (sounds about right for CA$6.66). However, click the link to go to the item and WHOA - it's $16.98.

I was under the impression that dvdpricecheck does a live search and shouldm therefore always be up to date. Assuming this is true it suggests that their server responds to automated searches with one (cheaper) price but they are actually charging another (higher) price.

I would never suggest for a moment that this would be a deliberate attempt by DVDSoon to promote their own company by being listed top in searches such as dvdpricecheck, but I could understand it if other suppliers and users were to interpret it that way.

Cheers,

John