1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDS97EBS New from Panasonic

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by 69COU, Oct 22, 2004.

1. 69COU

69COU

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Do we do another upgrade???

Just looking at the panasonic site and see that the new DVD player which i expect will cost about £240 has HMDI output.

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/dvd-players/dvds97ebs/index.htm

Is this likly to give me a much better picture for DVD over a 15m cable run to my PT500 projector, than my current panny DMRE55EBS DVD recorder that i use with component cables?

Also what about conection of Sky Plus to projector.

Currently I feed via scart the SKY plus into DVD recorder and have the dvd recorder connected via component to the projector. Any sign of Sky giving us better output options from SKY boxes?

Find my current picture from DVDs good but find that Sky is a bit low on picture quality.

2. bullybully

bullybully

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im thinking the same, i have sky + and a pioneer plasma with HDMI input. Until now HDMI has been expensive surely for picture only this Panasonic must have better output than my Component output on my current dvd. anyone seen a decent review of this player?

3. Richard QC

Richard QC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The problem with this machine and the Samsung 945 which I am also looking at is nobody has them for sale yet. The items are on the web sites as tasters to generate some interest but they are not available yet, thus nobody can offer opinion thus no reviews come out, thus no informed opinions on groups like this, leaving two options;
    1) Just buy one as soon as possible and hope!
    2) Wait for everybody's opinons and then find they're out of stock!
    Number 2 is a bit tongue in cheek!

4. 69COU

69COU

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    For a few other to have reviewed it!

5. 69COU

69COU

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Just thought of my snag if i went for this. Would not be replacing cables would be adding to them. ( Wife will moan!!)

Currently I feed via scart the SKY plus into DVD recorder and have the dvd recorder connected via component to the projector. Only leads runnung 15 m are the component.

As the new DVD player is not a recorder i would need to continue to run the old one for SKY so that I then use existing component leads. So would not get to improve SKY output any further.

Was hoping that would just be running the HMDI lead.

I wonder if anyone is working on a recorder with HDMI inputs and outputs? This would seem to be a step towartds the future.

6. nelius

nelius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone got word on what Faroudja chip is being used for DCDi? If it's the same as the Denon's then we're likely to have more macroblocking issues :(

7. nelius

nelius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0