DVD's to sell

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by whatdoiknow, Jan 7, 2005.

1. whatdoiknow

whatdoiknow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I asked a similar question about a year ago so please bear with me. Every year around June/July I produce videos to sell to the general public usually anywhere between 150 and 500 depending on how the season went.

Last year we didn't produce any DVD's just vidoes but we were being asked for DVD's and because we are really only semi-pro if that, we do not have a huge amount of money to invest in equipment, the ideal solution would be to buy some means of recording a DVD then having a duplicator, this could mean an investment of over £2000 but we are not guaranteed any sales and we only get paid on actual sales.

Anyway enough of the boring stuff, my question is in your humble opinions what is the best recorder out there that will produce DVD's with reasonable chapters and have a HDD so that I can copy the original edited work (this is done on a standalone editing system) onto it so I can then just reel off the required number of DVD's.

I do not have a PC that will do any of the above.

Also between now and May are there any likely advances in DVD recording that will work on the many DVD players currently out there.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

2. JH4

JH4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
  3. whatdoiknow

whatdoiknow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks JH that looks like a nice piece of kit, probably cost a few bob.

Martin