DVD's to demonstrate lip sync

taimur

Standard Member
Reaction score
Are there any DVD's which have a particular problem with lip sync? In other words, if I were to demonstrate a system, which DVD should I buy to take to the dealers to see if such a problem exists? Presumably it would be less evident on a DTS soundtrack because of the greater audio processing that occurs with this format?

Taimur

You might also like to try, Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels......if i remember correctly(have not seen it for a while), that is out of sync, most of the way through.

My copy of The Fast and The Furious was bad in DTS. Fine in DD though...:rolleyes:

I cannot see the point in taking a disc with known lip sync problems for demonstration as the fault lies with the disc not with the system you are demonstrating. i.e. If you observe a lip sync problem then the system is accurately representing the disc. You should use discs with no known lip sync problems.

zaphod

Thanks for the suggestions. I take the point about a disc being the problem rather than the system, however, in one store I saw a huge cinema and big sound demonstration of xXx (R1) which had awful lip sync problems and in another shop I saw a DVD of Steely Dan in concert again with terrible lip sync difficulties. Before seeing these two I had never even looked for the problem but now I don't think I could put up with it in a system when I save up enough.

Any more suggestions on which discs are problemmatic gratefully received.

As Zaphod said, the problem is not with the disc but the equipment replaying it.

The demo that you saw with the lip synch problems will have been the same whatever disc was replayed as it was a hardware problem.

There were lipsynch problems with discs in the early days but they have long gone now.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom