1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD's Out Of Synch. Please help!!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Beakerman, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Beakerman

Beakerman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya, I wondered if anyone else had this problem.

Some months ago I bought an AMD DVD player from Richer Sounds (Only about £30) and occasionally it would send the dialogue out of synch with the picture for no reason, sometimes it happened when it was paused, but often it would be out of synch at the start or later during a film.

I took it back, after a few moths of messing about, and they repaced it with a KOBE P9C2 Player which is basically the same player but a different case. And this also goes out of synch sometimes. Watching 12 Monkeys last night was a nightmare!! You can correct it sometimes by checking the time code and selecting search and jumping back to a point a few seconds before, but often it works for a while then goes out of synch shortly after. (possibly on a scene change.)

Anyone any suggestions, surely I can't have had two duff players.

My only theory is that in the player has the VCR sitting on top of it and then the SKY box on top of that, could that cause interference? Or could it be something to do with the mass of cables at the back of the TV for the aforementioned stuff and my 5.1 system.

Or anyone any suggestions as to how I can adjust the settings to avoid this happening. I know it's a cheap player, but it is no use if it keeps doing this!

For information it hapens on all regions discs and it soesn't seem to matter if it's PAL, NTSC or that weird PAL 60 setting for USA discs.

If anyone's got any suggestions I'd love to hear them, failing that I'm taking it back and hopefully they'll let me choose a different model. (If not I might just throw it at the cat!!!)

2. MrNPG

MrNPG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    It's normally due to the source material and the not necessarily the equipment.

I have noticed it on certain DVDs, both with my previous CRT and current plasma. I have also owned several DVD players and they have all suffered from this problem to some extent (Pioneer players often are the worst culprits).

It's normally only the "odd" DVD that is effected though, it's certainly not the "norm".

3. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    From what I remember some players were/are more prone to poorly encoded discs.
    Older Sony's had issues which resulted in a firmware upgrade, I had one and gave it away.
    If the players are the same then it will probably replicate the problem, spend a little more and try a different brand.

4. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    common problem Beakerman....DVD hardware manufactures blamed software and vice vera...I used to solve it when it occationally happend on my old Sony 725 by stopping playback and then restarting, now I have the Panasonic s97 and they actually have sync delay choice in ascending ms although if I remember correctly this is to do with timing between HDMI and connection to a A/V amp...still good idea if its needed