DVD's not running in Progressive

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i seem to have a problem in that DVD's are not running in progressive scan, i have the PS3 connected via HDMI and the PS3 auto detected 576p,720 and 1080i ( TV is 1366*768 native) now i know when something is running in progressive because my TV (LG 32LC2D) has an option called XD which is used to help improve interlace signals by adding Mpeg noise reduction etc and if running in progressive scan that option is not available and is greyed out, confirmed by running in 720p for PS3 games and PS2 games with Progressive options. now when i run a DVD the TV's XD options are still available proving that the signal isn't progressive i also set the XMB to 576p only and again the XD options on the TV were available, i'm not sure where the problem lies i had run PS2 games on a PS2 (Uk model) in 576p via component and it worked fine, so i'm sure that it's not the TV although i cant totally rule it out, could i have problem with the PS3 not being able to send a 576 signal even though it auto detects it or do you think the HDMI cable is preventing it ? i dont know,

oh i have tried all the DVD/Bluray options and nothing helps.

Mine plays back at 576p on my Sony Bravia. Don't think I even have an option of 576i via HDMI.

I'll just check...
No option for 567i and DVD just plays back at 576p. Doesn't your TV have an info type button (like Bravia) where it will show the mode it is working in?

I don't get a 576i option Via HDMI either it does detect 576p it just doesn't run in it for some reason unless i'm missing something.

Does any one else have this TV that can confirm that DVD's play back in 576p..:(

PS3 doesn't do 576i over HDMI (which requires an extension to the spec and not all TVs support it). You're definately seeing 576p.

PS3 doesn't do 576i over HDMI (which requires an extension to the spec and not all TVs support it). You're definately seeing 576p.

thanks for the reply Tony.. i'm still not sure though as i said in my first post when running in progressive the Tvs XD functions are not available at least not when running in 720p or when choosing progressive for PS2 games using a PS2, it does appear for 1080i via hdmi or 576i when watching TV via scart etc, when dvd's are running or if i choose 576p for the XMB the TV allows for the XD options as well which to me shows that it's not progressive, i could be wrong, i dont know how to check what signal the TV is being fed to totally make sure i know how to enter the service menu but that doesn't say.

with my LG plasma, if i press OK on the remote control it gives me display info...

thanks for that didn't know it would do that just tried it and it showed what is being sent and it was 576p.. just strange that the XD functions are still enabled when in 576p but when in 720p or if choosing progressive using a PS2 the options are disabled maybe it's to do with higher resoultions or how HDMI works.. i dunno anyway it's 576p so i'm happy.. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom