DVDs i watched lately..

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Goal; really enjoyed this rags to riches football story. Part 1 of 3. If you like football you might like this. 7.5/10

Lord of War; was i the only one disapointed with this?, it seemed to be stuck in one gear, and i really wanted it to speed up, and i had no connection with the main character. 6/10

The Proposition; It was ok, nothing great storywise, perfomances were good, but not great. Film looked great with sun soaked landscapes. The historical past or facts of the film didnt exactly jump out or move me. 7/10

Legend of Zorro; - it was harmless fun, the horse was the best part of the film. 6/10

D

Deleted member 36193

I agree about Goal-the football was pretty realistic,which is a change.Just wonder how much of the budget was wasted on Zidane et al appearing in one scene?Beckham was poor in his one short scene.

Lord Of War I enjoyed.I know what you mean about pace though.It was a bit second gear all the way through.

Not seen Proposition.

Enjoyed Zorro very much,but wanted to hate it as I don't like CZJ.The stunts were daft in an Indiana Jones way,but good entertainment.

Just seen A History Of Violence.Highly recommended,but the first 20 minutes is boring(probably deliberately knowing what follows).

Bristol Pete

Lord of War; was i the only one disapointed with this?, it seemed to be stuck in one gear, and i really wanted it to speed up, and i had no connection with the main character. 6/10

I think thats the whole point of the movie. A faceless nobody profiteering from death, war, terror. We cant relate to that unless you happen to sell bombs on ebay :)

Bristol Pete

Goal was a good film? All I heard from everyone was rubbish reviews, might give it a go.

Ash, its the best of a bad bunch. Hackneyed, cliched and silly but still better than other footy movies though you can always tell that actors cannot kick a ball for toffee!!!!

R

rmoxon

I thought Lord of War was good, kinda liike Goodfella's except less realistic and a bit nuttier, heh..

Nic Cage is always likeable and it was well put together... enjoyed it lots.

At times it seemed a bit like it was a thoughtful drama stuck in an action movies body and may have been too flashy for its own good, the "emotional" climax was also a bit forced. But it was really entertaining never the less.

all the other films you listed are terrible though, I hated goal.

M

Math101

i've been suprised with some of the responses to lord of war from my friends etc. personally i found it to be a very good film, exciting and a great story.

majorstare

Hired Legend of Zorro tonight from the local DVD shop. I fell asleep !!! Utter rubbish (the first one was OK).

It was either Legend of Zorro or Lord of War.............. i picked the wrong one!

However !!!!!!!!

I have watched Wallace and Grommits brilliant new DVD ! Three times now with my son. Every time i have watched it ive notced new hunour. Excellent !:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom