1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDs for Xmas prezzies

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Grimley, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Grimley

Grimley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know about you, for me today (6/11 & bonfire night out of the way) the xmas shopping rush well & truly begins!:mad:

I'll be skint by the time I've bought all the xmas prezzies for all the rellies (car insurance renewal at xmas time doesn't help) & I have no money to spend on all the xmas release DVD's.

IMO this year has got to be the best pre-xmas DVD release since its release. I for one want EPII & the 4 disc LOTR, but I haven't asked anyone to buy me copies of both!

Two years ago I got the disc I wanted (Gladiator R2) because I asked for the disc for Xmas, & the family hadn't seen it, so that saved a boring Xmas night in front of the Telly (AGH, No more Morecome & Wise! :mad:)

Last year I got Virgin Megastore gift vouchers so I went "Bargain Hunting" in the January sales!?! :confused: :rolleyes:

So, do I ask the rellies & wait, (even though I don't want to, I want to buy them now, thank God for Credit Cards)
    Or do I buy them now, not ask for these for xmas at all & face the wrath of the rellies because they assumed I hadn't bought them because I wanted them for Xmas?

& my birthday is on 26/12 so there is a double risk of receiving them (that has happened B4, getting the same prezzie for Xmas & B/day!)

Oh, by the way I almost forgot, what are you hoping to get for Xmas on DVD?

2. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    You could try doing a list ? Amazon do a good feature where you can make your list public (on the net) and then people can delete each item as they buy them (I think). That way you shouldn't get two of the same - it is the same sort of thing they do with wedding lists.

3. Grimley

Grimley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fat chance of that Mr. Lex, My rellies don't have Web Access!

4. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    :eek: Do they live on the Isle of Man? :eek:

5. Grimley

Grimley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: