1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDs created on PC will not play on Sharp

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by TBH1, Jan 4, 2005.

1. TBH1

TBH1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am convinced I have posted a thread already similar to this but I'm beggared if I can find it so - - -

I have recorded TV programs via my PC TV capture card, edited (cut out adverts) and created DVDs using Power Producer Gold. These DVD's each contain 6 episodes of a program therefore there are 6 chapters on each DVD. Now then, they will all play on my Yamada player, on my PC, on my laptop and on my daughter's DVD stereo combo - - - -but when played on my Sharp 250h recorder, they only play as if they are being fast-forwarded at 2x speed. I have tried several typers of -R media, Philips, Budget, Verbatim - all with same results. I say 'same' but not quite same results on all discs - - I copied one DVD using Nero and my Sharp plays chapter 1 and 5 as it should, but remainder are at twin speed. As stated, all DVD's play on all other players and PCs in the house.

I have spoken to Sharp support today; they have had no other reports of this and suggest wopping it into a Sharp service centre for a 'once-over' - - which I probably will end up doing (bought online and would prefer not to send back). Anyone come across this 'phenomina' ??? (how you spell that ????)