DVDR questions..

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Alexaqui, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Alexaqui

Alexaqui

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all. I'm new to this forum. I've been browsing the many threads and I have a couple of questions.

Is there a succint listing of what all the different DVD recording types are and what the pros/cons are? (ie, +/-, etc)

Based on what I have read, it looks like most DVDR's can only record 1 hour in quality mode or 2 hours in standard mode. Is this correct? Is it possible to record 3+ hours on a DVDR? If so, how would the quality be.

2. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dependant on how fussy you are about quality,2.5 hours is really the max you want to put on a disc if its something important,or a good movie.But you can go up to 6 hours if you're really desperate,but the quality suffers.Picture quality versus storage capacity is equal for all formats.Take a look through the "sticky" at the top of this section