Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DVDr help!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by father alice, Nov 30, 2003.

1. father alice

father alice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Some advice please!!!

I have just finished reading the sticky on +/- which was v good ( it took me 2 days!!), but now I want some advice.

I have a phillips w/s tv (24pw6006) a sky digibox (panasonic tudsb30) and currently a phillips video vr570).
    the digibox is linked by a tvlink and rf cable to a portable upstairs through the rf2 connector on the sky box.

I don't have sky+, and the box works okay (had for 3 years so it may blow up!), so woudn't change unless I had to

My main use of a dvdr would be to recored and keep quality copies of films eg disney from sky for the children (aged 2 and 4 so the caddy system may be of use)
    Also, usual day to day recording which I wouldn't keep once watched.

I may also transfer some vhs stiuff to dvd if the quality wasn't too bad.

The kids stuff I would record onto -r disks as I would not need to rewite, and they are cheap. However durability may be an issue with sticky fingers! However, I could always make two copies and keep one as a master in case of disaster!

My pc has a standard dvd drive on it (intervideo windvd 2000 set on region 2) on it, so it would be nice to play my copied disks on it, as it is a laptop.

I have considered getting a cd or dvd burner for the pc to backup the hard disk, so that may be another option, in conjunction with an e50 etc.

finally multiregion? I may consider getting dvds from USA if they are much cheaper.

I have seen a Toshiba rdxs30 for £499 on the web (digital point), and a standard Panasonic dmrhs2ebs for £530 (rgb) or a multiregion with rce for £559 (rgb)

Any ideas as to the best buy, and also set ups (I currently view sky through av1 with rgb), but get some interference on av2 with the video.

I await your expertise!!:confused:

2. father alice

father alice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I forgot to add backwards compatability is not a problem, because I don't have a stand alone dvd player an no friends to lend disks too!!!!
    :(

So would want thr dvdr to be good as a player too - is the hs2 or the toshiba better?