1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDr help!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by father alice, Nov 30, 2003.

1. father alice

father alice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Some advice please!!!

I have just finished reading the sticky on +/- which was v good ( it took me 2 days!!), but now I want some advice.

I have a phillips w/s tv (24pw6006) a sky digibox (panasonic tudsb30) and currently a phillips video vr570).
    the digibox is linked by a tvlink and rf cable to a portable upstairs through the rf2 connector on the sky box.

I don't have sky+, and the box works okay (had for 3 years so it may blow up!), so woudn't change unless I had to

My main use of a dvdr would be to recored and keep quality copies of films eg disney from sky for the children (aged 2 and 4 so the caddy system may be of use)
    Also, usual day to day recording which I wouldn't keep once watched.

I may also transfer some vhs stiuff to dvd if the quality wasn't too bad.

The kids stuff I would record onto -r disks as I would not need to rewite, and they are cheap. However durability may be an issue with sticky fingers! However, I could always make two copies and keep one as a master in case of disaster!

My pc has a standard dvd drive on it (intervideo windvd 2000 set on region 2) on it, so it would be nice to play my copied disks on it, as it is a laptop.

I have considered getting a cd or dvd burner for the pc to backup the hard disk, so that may be another option, in conjunction with an e50 etc.

finally multiregion? I may consider getting dvds from USA if they are much cheaper.

I have seen a Toshiba rdxs30 for £499 on the web (digital point), and a standard Panasonic dmrhs2ebs for £530 (rgb) or a multiregion with rce for £559 (rgb)

Any ideas as to the best buy, and also set ups (I currently view sky through av1 with rgb), but get some interference on av2 with the video.

I await your expertise!!:confused:

2. father alice

father alice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I forgot to add backwards compatability is not a problem, because I don't have a stand alone dvd player an no friends to lend disks too!!!!
    :(

So would want thr dvdr to be good as a player too - is the hs2 or the toshiba better?