DVDR / HDD and Progressive Scan

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pnharrison, Nov 14, 2003.

1. pnharrison

pnharrison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My first post here - so hello to everyone; thanks for all the useful advice I've read so far.

I am looking to buy a DVD recorder (open minded about the recording format) but would like a HDD built in.

I'm lucky enough to have a 42" Plasma, so I'm want to get one with progressive scan and component output; and here's the problem it seems that no DVDRs with HDD support progressive scan ??

I notice the Panasonic HDD recorders (such as the DMR E100) have progressive scan / component out on their US spec, but not in the UK. Now why would they do that?

It seems if I want progressive scan I'm limited to one of the few DVD recorders that offer it, such as the Tosh DR-1.

Is this right or am I missing something? Thanks in advance for you help.

Peter

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,281
    It's standard spec for the US to have PS. We just dip out because it's not so here. Odds are looking good that the next Toshiba HDD/DVDR and first JVC HDD/DVDR will have PS (PAL and NTSC) from component. Panasonic are rumoured to be preparing a component output as well which could mean PS as well. Give it a year and there will be the model you want.