1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDR-80 trouble

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dpluxor, Jan 27, 2005.

1. dpluxor

dpluxor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I am hoping someone else with this model of DVD recorder can help me with a question. I know this machine should win the Most User-unfriendly Machine Ever Invented Award but anyway, I'm stuck with it until I can afford another.
    When I switch it on from Standy, it always goes back to BBC1, we nearly always record from Sky on EXT2 so have to go through the tedious process of altering the channel number using the MONITOR button and all that rubbish, is there anyway I can get it to stay on EXT2 even after going on and off standby.

PS - has anyone every actually had the TV guide listings working properly, I only get listings for about 3 channels ever which is pretty useless.

Thanks

David

2. JethroUK

JethroUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You shouldn't need to select monitor button - all ext sockets are added to the channel changer by default - dunno how to default it to EXT2 (i dont have DVDR80) - but, from BBC1, just flick channel down - you should end up with EXT2 (unless you've removed it from the channel selector)

You have to leave the machine in stand-by on the 'host' channel to update the EPG - your 'hos' is either Eurosport on sky, or ITV on analogue tuner (the built-in one)

When in standy-by the machine 'should' find the host itsself - but it's not reliable, so set it to ITV before going to stand-by

Leads to a query - Have you resorted the channels on built-in tuner? - i suspect it maybe looking for ITV in standby (to update the guide) and finding BBC1 - hence why it starts up there

3. dpluxor

dpluxor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anything is possible, coming to think of it, I'm sure it used to always start up on ITV for the first week or two, and is was back then when I did get the full listings, I will have to check it out.

Problem with the DVDR80 is that when it comes on after standby, it always goes to the disc manager screen and shows you the contents of the disc. Because the program up/down mirrors the up & down movement through the disc contents, it doesnt change the channel it just scrolls through the disc. To get the buttons to change channel you have to press a MONITOR button, bit of a messing going on.

David

4. JethroUK

JethroUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The fact that EPG updates by ITV & yours default to BBC1 & doesn't update EPG, does seem inextricably linked - check it out

Maybe time for a spring clean - you can flush out the epg by changing the country code & changing it back to UK (it will re-populate over night) - maybe good idea to re-run the auto channel tuner too