1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDQ50, digital out and PS with a Panasonic TV

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by patrick.d, Jun 29, 2002.

1. patrick.d

patrick.d

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have reached the end of my tether with this, so is there anyone who can help ? Some DVD's (only a few, but including Star Wars) do not seem to like giving a digital output and I have to revert to analogue. It seems that I can get over it by first playing a trailer, or some other content on the smae DVD, which does enable a digital output. This seems to turn the feature on (on the menu screens), and I can then go back to the menu, play the movie again and it is fine. Its useful to have a workaround, but this can't be right. So, my question is, do some DVD's disable digital audio out ? If they do, and this is my problem, is there any other way of overiding it which does not require this rather cumbersome fix !

A second, unrelated problem is with PS. PS out on DVD to PS in on Panasonic TV, works fine most of the time (although not sure which piece of kit is doing the PS!) but on some content (e.g. BBC videos) it goes completely to pieces and I have to switch to normal component. I think this is related to Pal rather than NTSC content, can anyone confirm and whether or not there is a solution ?

The player is the Asian version

Thanks in anticipation for any help !

Patrick

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A very basic suggestion, but have you tried turning on the digital output in the DVD player's menus? My Sony player sets it to off by default. Once it's turned on, it should stay on however...... :rolleyes:

Sounds like an odd problem. If the above doesn't work, then my best guess would be that there might be an incompatibility between some DVDs and your player (not uncommon). Or perhaps the multiregion mod you got (if you have one) might have this as a side effect. :confused:

Exactly which disks does it do this with anyway? Perhaps if you listed them all, there might be some clue in that...

Reiner, one of the moderators, is very familiar with Asian consumer electronics... I bet he would know!! ;)

As far as I am aware, progressive scan on Panny's works for NTSC only.