Dvdplayers.co.uk

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by yimpster, Jun 4, 2002.

1. yimpster

yimpster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I've just placed an order for the Sony 700 from www.dvdplayers.co.uk at about 4am this morning...yes i couldn't sleep!!.

A couple of thougts though. Has anybody bought a dvd player from them and are they any good...all opinions welcome.

After reading the FAQ on their multi-region page they don't really give any information regarding the way units switch region i.e. manual or automatic.

My main concern is that the player will cope with RCE titles as i have a few, and guess that more and more titles will be RCE in the future.

Cheers

Adam

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I havnt used them but i have seen the site before when i was considering where to buy sony 900 from they were one of the cheapest site. I think you will get it next day and as for region changeing i think it will do it automatically if you need to put a code in there will be a sheet of paper in the box with the code.

3. spicymackerel

spicymackerel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    See my thread posted a few days ago under tosh 510 on dvdplayers and recorders. The delivery on the player I bought was really quick, even up to Shetland isles. Only glitch was the problem with picture freezing and demobilising all controls. However seems to be good response as a new player is being sent out for delivery Thursday and this faulty one will get collected. Not sure how this effects perception of company - I suppose anyone can supply a faulty machine - it's the reaction in resolving the problem that say's more about the company and dvdplayer have been pretty good on that front.

As for R1/R2 RCe etc. No problem - everything plays quickly with no sequence at all to go through on remote etc. I bought Tosh for prog.scan and this is even easy to use.

4. DyManiX

DyManiX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I got 2 Pioneer 444's. Got them next day no problems.

Region changing works automaticaly. Havent got any RCE disks to try and havent tried macrovision yet.

5. yimpster

yimpster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Had an email from them confirming that all their players play RCE, so i'm sure it'll be fine.

Thanks for your input chaps/chapesses

Adam

6. dazzling

dazzling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my Toshiba SD510E from www.dvdplayers.co.uk and it turned up next day and with no hassles.....nice player too when I use its component video out into my Sony VHPLS1 Projector which i have since sourced from the same guys :)

7. yimpster

yimpster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Ditto!! I received my Sony 700 within a few days, and i've had nothing short of excellent picture and sound quality. Not to mention full R1 and RCE compatibility. Excellent stuff:p

8. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They've got the tosh 210 multi-region, delivery for £155. not bad at all.