Dvdo vp50

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by roman-r, Feb 8, 2009.

1. roman-r

roman-r
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +195
    Have this outputting HDMI into a VGA slot (using a HD Fury) of a PW7.

Now came across the outputsetting of Video and PC. I don't think it was available when I was outputting VGA but either way I'm aware of it no so which output am I meant to use ?

Got it on Video and If I choose PC it makes the picture a lot darker so would need to recalibrate Brightness and contrast :rolleyes:

2. Steve_B

Steve_B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Hi,

From the manual, p27

Output Level
    The output level setting allows the user to specify the levels of the output signal, either Video (16-235) or PC (0-255). Some displays are expecting to receive the increased dynamic range of a PC signal, and will show an image that looks “washed-out” if this improperly set to ‘Video'.

So will all be down to what your panel is expecting... I use video with my Pioneer.

-Steve

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  3. roman-r

roman-r
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +195

So PC is the better option if the screen can take it. Think is how do you know what option one should use?

I'm actually going into the PC input so that seems to sway a tad to PC. But I had this setup while on Vedio so would to recalibrate and at present not in the mood :rolleyes:

Anyone have a panny done into it's VGA and what setting did you use ?

Cheers
    Roman

4. choddo2006

choddo2006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +542
    I had mine into the RGBHV input (I'm guessing it treats it much the same as the VGA socket) on my PHD8 and I used PC levels. Video levels were very grey, I'm not sure how you could dial those out well enough to live with it to be honest.

I'm also using PC levels into the DVI on my PF11.

5. roman-r

roman-r
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +195
    Hi choddo

Do you mind me asking if you find Full HD a worthwhile upgrade for HD and if SD looks as good.

I think I saw somewhere that both your panels were 42" so the only other factor is your viewing distance to appreciate the comparison.

All the best
    Roman

6. choddo2006

choddo2006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +542
    Actually I'd say no, SD does not look as good. artefacts are more obvious at under 6feet. And HD stuff looks a lot sharper (I have one sofa about that distance, and one about 11' where there's very little difference in both cases)

But it's worth it for the better blacks and improved colour gradients. Not perfect still (the Ford advert orange gradient still has a bit of banding) but to me, noticeably better.

And the fact it's now all digital feels better and simplifies the cabling ;)