1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDO iScanHD needed, or am I off the mark?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by toby_smith, Oct 16, 2004.

1. toby_smith

toby_smith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think I am going to buy a PW7 and wall mount it. For looks reasons, I want the mininum of wires going up to the panel e.g. 1 input wire and 1 power lead.

So....I am looking to put all input devices into something in-between, the devices being:

sky+
    DVD home cinema system
    laptop
    xbox

What will do the job? When I was reading posts about lip sync problems, I'd started wondering about the DVDO iScanHD, so would this be able to handle all the above devices and sort out lip synch?

Of course the iScanHD is 1k, so if there is a better/cheaper alternative, please let me know!

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    it should and will (lip sync on digital so need Sky+ for sky lipsyncs) the question is what is better a PW7 and an Iscan HD or a £3k Plasma??????? PHD6 ????? SO i suggest some serious time reqquired..

3. toby_smith

toby_smith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hornydragon,

If I went with the HD panny at 3k, I'd then have to go back to the multiple wires into the panel approach via various input boards wouldn't I?

As I said, part of my approach has been to put all inputs into something in-between, and then just run one wire (+ power) up to the panel. BTW, channeling the wall etc. is not an option for me right now.

If I'm right, then I'd have to get some sort of box as well as the PHD6 - which may make it all a bit pricey.