DVDO iScanHD DVI Input Processing

DDRUK_Lawrence

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a PixelMagic MB200 HD MediaBox, a DVDO iScanHD and a Panasonic TH-42PWD6BX with VGA input. The iScan outputs from the VGA out in RGB to the Panny. Now according to the DVDO website (see links provided below for further info) I can use the DVI input and process 480p/576p signals which can be output as an analog component, analog RGBHV, or DVI signal. I bought an HDMI to DVI lead and connected the HDMI output of the MB200 to the DVI input in the iScan. I have set the Configuration / DVI Input to Auto on the iScan menu. I have set the MB200 to output HDMI - 576p. However, no matter what I try I can not get the iScan to process the signal. It is always 'Passthrough' and this means it outputs on the DVI and not the analogue VGA to which my plasma sceen is connected.

Before I return my HDMI - DVI lead does anyone have any suggestions to get the iScan to process this signal? I am pretty sure the HDMI output from the MB200 is not protected.

Thanks,

Lawrence.

Reference Links:
MB200 - http://www.pixelmagicsystems.com/products/media_players/hd_mediabox.htm
ftp://ftp.crystalio.com/Public/download/HDMB_Owners_Guide_1.0.pdf

iScanHD - http://www.dvdo.com/faq/faq_ishd.php#faq_hd3

The iScan can't process a 576p only 576i, to use the scaler you'll need the iScanHD+.

Charlie

Clamicpo1, thanks for the reply but...

From the link I gave to the DVDO website - http://www.dvdo.com/faq/faq_ishd.php#faq_hd9

Quote "The iScan HD can deinterlace standard definition interlaced (480i/576i) signals on its analog inputs and scale progressive (480p/576p) signals, but it can not scale high definition (720p/1080i) signals." and the table also shows DVI (480p without HDCP) - Scaled (although the table does not show 576p I would assume this to be scaled too as per the quote).

I also know that I can process 576p on the iScan's component inputs so I don't think your statement is the reason for my problem.

My apologies, hopefully you'll get it sorted.

Charlie :mad:

I solved the problem. The MB200 has a DVI mode which is not documented in the user manual but is mentioned in the firmware release notes. PixelMagic don't bother updating their user manuals :( but anyway the iScan is processing the signal now :) To quote the MB200 firmware release notes:

"remote "TV Modes"+"0" switchs between HDMI and DVI output formats
for better compatibility with some DVI display and those do not want
sound from the HDMI output."

So after setting the MB200 to output 576p on it's HDMI I then had to press 'TV Mode' then '0' on the remote control!

I solved the problem. The MB200 has a DVI mode which is not documented in the user manual but is mentioned in the firmware release notes. PixelMagic don't bother updating their user manuals :( but anyway the iScan is processing the signal now :) To quote the MB200 firmware release notes:

"remote "TV Modes"+"0" switchs between HDMI and DVI output formats
for better compatibility with some DVI display and those do not want
sound from the HDMI output."

So after setting the MB200 to output 576p on it's HDMI I then had to press 'TV Mode' then '0' on the remote control!

Question...seeing that I have an MB200 as well and am looking at a processing solution. How much of a difference does the scaler make ? when viewing dvds off the mediabox ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom