1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDO iscan hd

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Andywilliams, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi
    In the not too distant future i am planning on getting a 42"plasma something like the panasonic pwd6,Problem is my harman kardon avr 8500 asnt got lip sync correction and i dont want to change the amp as i like it very much.So would buying the iscan hd cure all my problems lip sync wise also it is hd ready so with an hdmi dvd player would this produce a good as picture as the hd plasma like the pioneers which cost the same as the panasonic plasma and iscan hd put together.Sorry if its obvious but iam not too clued up on this plasma lark.
    Cheers Gonzo. :)

2. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Yes by routing audio and video through the iScan you will beat any lip sync problems you might suffer. Iscan has only digital audio inputs so you will need analogue to digital converters for any analogue audio sources (e.g. Sky, Cable etc without Dolby Digital outputs).

I wouldn't say the Pioneer is better than the Panasonic because it is more expensive. The Pioneer has a characteristically different picture and it is usually more about which of the two manufacturer's picture you personally prefer rather than which is better. You also need to make sure you are comparing like with like: the Panasonic 42PWD6 is an 848 x 480 resolution plasma, whereas the Pioneer 43MXE1 is 1024 x 768. The equivalent Panasonic is 42PHD6 (also 1024 x 768) and now the price difference is not so big at all. Given that you are going for an iScan I would seriously consider the 42PHD6 since the higher resolution will get used by the iScan, and it is a better panel than the 42PWD6.