1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDO Iscan HD/Sky+ - being an optical thicky

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by BillBailey, Dec 5, 2004.

1. BillBailey

BillBailey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have just installed my new Iscan & Panny HD7. I'm getting pretty good results but some more tweaking is required. However, having never used optical cable before, I can't figure out how to connect my Sky+ box digital audio output to the Iscan.

I have been supplied with a Toslink cable which looks as though it should plug into the Iscan, but won't. I'm a bit reluctant to force it in, but is that what is required? At the Sky+ end the socket seems to be different, ie 6mm square with a pull out cover. Have I been supplied with the wrong cable?

Any help will be gratefully received as I need to use the Iscan's audio synch capability.

2. Laura

Laura

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    The connectors have a key on the them, try rotating them.

On the Sky+ box, pull the blanking plug out , the IScan has shutters on its socket.

Oh just remembered, on an IXOS optical lead i bought, it had a little clear rubber boot protecting the fibre optic cable, need to make sure those are taken off.

3. BillBailey

BillBailey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Of course you were correct Laura - it was the rubber covers that threw me. Well, I am a man - what do you expect?

Now, how do I plug in the mains lead? The socket has 1 hole at the the top and 2 at the bottom. The plug has 2 pins at the top and 1 at bottom. I mean, it just defies logic!!! ;)

Thanks
    Bill

4. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    Bill u have to break out the Black and Decker and saw that little B8stard in 2, then glue it back together the opposite way, should look great for a plug when done :smashin: