1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDO HD 50hz to 60hz

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by PrebKlok, Nov 30, 2004.

1. PrebKlok

PrebKlok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have anyone tryed to let the HD convert Pal 576i@50hz to 720p@60hz? Would you get a nice picture with no studder?

2. rscott4563

rscott4563
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Its not possible to FRC from 50 to 60Hz without any judder but saying that most of todays better video processors (Crystalio, Lumagen DVI/HDP/Pro, iScanHD) should be able to do this without too much judder present, I can personally vouch for the Lumagen as I have one and convert everything to 60Hz. There is some judder present but its only mild and only usually noticiable on long panning shots..

Obviously the best option is to use a multiple of the original frame rate, but that is quite often not possible due to the limitations of many digital inputs of todays plasmas and projectors. For example my Panasonic 50" will only accept native resolution 1366x768 at 60Hz via its DVI input, if it accepted 50Hz or 75Hz that would be the best option..

Cheers

Ryan

3. PrebKlok

PrebKlok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I'm going to use the Iscan HD to drive my Sanyo Z2, so only 60Hz is an option. My hope was that someone had tryed that with the Iscan HD.

4. Laura

Laura

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I'm driving a Panasonic HD7 with an IScan HD via DVI at 60Hz, and the only judder i've noticed is on BBC News 24 with a ticker scrolling horizontally right to left on the bottom. Oddly similiar tickers on CNN and CNBC seemed ok.
    Vertically scrolling credits at the end of movies seem unaffected.