1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDImport email advising of "fragility" of LOTR-ROTK Giftset

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by michaelm, Dec 8, 2004.

1. michaelm

michaelm
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    And advising me to pay $15Cad (£6.50) for UPS or Fedex shipping. Is this a good deal? Is the set really that fragile? I got FOTR and TTT giftsets from DVD Soon when they were released and neither was damaged in any way.

Anyway, here's the email in full:

Dear customer,

We are writing to you concerning your order of the title Lord Of The Rings:
    Return Of The King - Collector's Gift Set. We have just received these and they appear to be tremendously fragile, we therefore suspect that they may get severely damaged if we were to ship them through regular mail. For that reason, we offer you the possibility to change your shipment choice to UPS or FEDEX for a fee of 15$CAD. We will communicate with our financial institution to charge that amount on the credit card you used to pay for this order.

If you do not wish to use a safer delivery option, keep in mind that we are not responsible for the damage caused to the parcel if shipped through regular mail.

We are waiting for your answer before proceeding with your order. Please write back and tell us if you accept to pay 15$CAD for recommended shipping of this item (pick FEDEX or UPS).

Waiting for your response at service@dvdimport.com,

Sincerely,

DVDIMPORT TEAM

2. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,911
    There is a chance it could get damaged through regular airmail but if you use UPS or FedEx you are increasing the risk of recieving customs charges so you might want to take the chance and stick with regular airmail.

3. Mumfalan

Mumfalan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'll definitely get hit with customs if you use FedEx/UPS etc. Your choice, I personally would stick with standard.

4. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,074
    What a con!

So they are basically saying pay the extra $15 or we won't give a toss if it's damaged in transit. And if you don't pay the extra $15 we probably will stamp on it before it goes out anyway.

Greg

5. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    agreed, rip off

6. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I've just received the region 2 version of this from Play. It was loose (ish) inside it's posting box and no doubt got threw about a bit between Jersey and here, but, arrived in perfect condition. I think someone would have to have made a pretty concerted effort to cause any damage. The gift box is actually more sturdy than the box it was posted in, and the statue is held pretty firmly in place. I expect the dvdimport version is Region 1, but I cant image the packaging is any different.

7. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    just bought the box set in nottingham £39,99 packaging does seem a little weak tho !!!!