• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DVDFLR with PSM, What connector?

highlander_777

Standard Member
I note from the web site that the PSM has a DVI connector only (i maybe wrong)

I thinking of buying the DVD but my Sony Plasma does not have either a DVI or HDMI so is it worth getting the PSM board

Also, someone mentioned that I could plug sky through the PSM board and get a better pic!. Does anyone have this setup?

:lease:

lenny

If the PSM option is fitted than you have the DVI output AND the analogue output on the BNC terminals available (and even the S-video I think). The output from the BNC terminals can be configured either in YUV or in RBG.

Moreover one of the S-video and one of the composite terminals become input for the PSM board letting you to improve the images coming from other media.

I think you should connect SKY via the S-video input and get the deintralaced output from the BNC terminals, than you go all the way to your display. Graham any mistake?

Regards,

Lenny

GrahamMG

Its RGB (not RBG) :D but apart from that, you of course should check you have an s-video output on your sky box (many don't) or convert the RGB scart output from the sky box to s-video via one of the JS boxes which work fine..... It should also be noted that the PSM equipped DVD32R/FLR also has one set of interlaced outputs as well (component only) on RCA's. Te sky picture via s-video into the PSM and out via the BNC's (prog scan) is a good picture given the limitations of the source. The DVI output from the PSM is no better anyway..... As Lenny says the BNC PSM output can be switched to either YUV or RGB, personally I'd have YUV into the screen and go from there.

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom