1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFLR + PSM192 question

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by cj, Aug 2, 2005.

1. cj

cj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    I assume I'm able to use the PSM output from my DVDFLR to upconvert sources connected directly as inputs (i.e. not via my AV32R)?

Considering "relegating" the FLR to the kids' room and buying a SDI modded DVD player (to use via my Crystalio). Anyone got any recomendations for SDI DVD players?

2. PhilB1234

PhilB1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only disadvantages with not having an AV32 in the chain is that you can't have multiple sources automatically switched, and you can't gain the extra control of the PSM for specific variation of the colour/vlack level etc. You'd need to use the keystrokes on the remote to select the external inputs rather than it being auto....

Could this be the greatest kid's room system? Why not buy them an AV192 too?

3. cj

cj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Well I'm assuming it won't really be worth selling and the kids' plasma has a component lead running to it (concreted into the wall). I have a Sky+ box in there too so was thinking of running that through the PSM, but it will be a pain switching between the DVD and S-Video in without an AV32R in the chain?

4. PhilB1234

PhilB1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Surely you'd get £700+ for it? Particularly with PSM.....
    Maybe it's a good way of getting your kids to appreciate the quality of high end audio/video.... or could that be an expensive taste?

5. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Do/will you adopt? :)