1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDCrave

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by sjp1966, Jul 13, 2004.

1. sjp1966

sjp1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi

has anyone used DVD Crave from Oz? i know there are in the recommended sticky but i want to find out people experience with them. Has anyone been hit by customs from their order? how long is delivery?
    :lease: :smashin:

2. west

west

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was going to ask the very same thing!

3. chris110

chris110
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered from them and they were very quick! The amount was under £18 though so not sure about customs. Definately recommend them :)

4. figrin_dan

figrin_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I ordered from them once and found delivery to be very good. Unfortunately, the disc they advertised as R2 & R4 was R4 only and I could not play nor return the disc. Make sure you know what you're ordering.

5. dawnthief

dawnthief
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just ordered the whole series of the x-files and now they have been posted so just waiting for them. Will let you know how it goes

6. sjp1966

sjp1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Please do, also could let me know the quality of the X-Files disks compared to the more expensive R1 and R2 versions.

I was thinking of ordering these cheaper ones from Oz as they looked a bargain, however i remember seeing somewhere that they are basically 4 normal DVD cases in a cardboard outer.

personally i dont care if it is just the packaging, as long as all the episodes are there, uncut

cheers

7. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,934
    I asked them about them and they said that Season 1-5 would be the same discs just in normal dvd cases but Season 6-8 would be the standard cardboard foldout types, dont know if that is still the case but that is what they told me when I asked them last month.

8. sjp1966

sjp1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    i hope that is all the difference, i only have 2 seasons at home, i want to get the lot

9. saibot

saibot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I've bought DVD's from dvdcrave and they usually get here (Ireland) in about a week. They were advertised as region 4, but also had region 2 on them ( lucky I suppose )

I've also got xbox games from here ( can be cheaper ), upto the value of 45euro's and never had to pay any extras...

10. antomack

antomack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was thinking of ordering the X-Files also and e-mailed them a few weeks ago to check if they normally had any problems with import duties to Ireland. They wrote back to say they value them under the €22 limit, can anyone confirm this.

Dawnthief - you say they've posted them, I thought they weren't being released till the 28th.

11. dawnthief

dawnthief
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yep had first 6 seasons posted and recieved them yesterday and friday. They havent been stopped by customs. The cheaper ones do come in normal dvd boxes but they have mistakenly sent me 2 season 5's instead of a season 4. One is the standard foldout while the other is in the normal dvd boxes, and looking at the back they seem to be exactly the same with the same special features.The only diffrence in the packaging is that on the side of the box it lists the episode titles while on the cardboard ones it dosent.
    Well worth the cash and why cant studios just release these version first intead of the expensive ones-nothing like milking the public

12. sjp1966

sjp1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    i really cant see why the UK/US packaging is so expensive anyway, next to the packaging you have, there can be no real difference in production costs, bloody rip of really, i think its a joke that you can get these all the way from Australia for a hell of a lot less then buying in the UK