1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdboxoffice!

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by RiskyLuca, Jan 30, 2003.

1. RiskyLuca

RiskyLuca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Has anyone else had a similar experience with this so called retailer. I know Groundy didn't rate them from previous posts - I should have heeded your warning Groundy.
    I ordered Mario Party 4 back in November (in time for Christmas I thought!!) When it never arrived I had to then wait for their 8 week minimum overseas delay before they would look into it.
    After countless e-mails back and to, I have just received their latest - they want me 'the customer' to track the lost item through customs, postal service and whoever else.!! I have requested a refund. Are they likely to give this? Has anyone else had similar problems and did you get refunds?
    Wish I hadn't have pre-ordered Zelda from them now - I expect I'll see it sometime in the summer!!!

Riskyluca

2. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've never had an issue, I would recommend them to anyone.

Neil.

3. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    DVDBO are OK for early pre-orders but slow for rleeased games.

Having said that £28 each for Metroid Prime and Animal Crossing can't be sniffed at. I had to wait 2 weeks from orderuing before they shipped though.

4. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Many people are happy with DVDBoxOffice, as Neil and Ono attest which is all well and good. Indeed I used them for years without any problems myself.

However, when a problem does occur, they are an absolute nightmare to deal with - perhaps the worst I've come across. I encountered the same situation as you (as you know from my previous posts) this alone was enough for me to never go near them again.

RiskyLuca, the only way you will get your money back is via your Credit Card company. DVDBoxOffice are well out of order asking you to track the package as it's not your responsability. In fact, their packages are untrackable once they have left Canada and they know this. A simple phonecall to your CC company will suffice though. They wil ask you for copies of all emails and whatever else you have pertaining to the transaction. They will then refund the money to your card and take the matter up with DVDBoxOffice, who will have to prove delivery if they want their money returned.

You can always cancel your Zelda pre-order. Just send a email to cancel@dvdboxoffice.com with the details and old Janice will sort you out :).

5. RiskyLuca

RiskyLuca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks Groundy, top advice as usual.

6. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I personally haven't had a problem with DVDBoxoffice yet ::fingers crossed:: lol. I've probably ordered well over £2k's worth of DVDs and videogames last year and am still ordering from them. If you want promt shipping then just order up to 4 items that are in stock and pay the small courier shipping fee for it.

Most places are a pain in the arse if the item is not delivered... Right now I've got problems with extreme-mods.com... They sent my modchip to Scotland while I'm at the opposite end of the UK >_< I'm currently working out on how I should handle the matter...

In general DVDboxoffice is a great place for cheap DVDs and videogames. You do have to remember that it is primarily a DVD store so their stock isn't as high as GAME/Electronic Boutiques.

Sorry to hear about the problems though RiskyLuca. There are other places to shop though for import games like www.tronixweb.com that Groundy uses. Best of luck.

7. RiskyLuca

RiskyLuca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks NeoBlade. If I do use them again I'll be sure to go down the 'trackable' courier service route - a good tip.
    ;)

8. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    I ordered a couple of Wavebirds last year, and they arrived fine - I was convinced I was going to have to pay customs charges on them (biggish boxes), but they came through without a hitch. Once my Freeloader arrives (I'm not taking any chances!!), I'm going to order some games from them, but I am cautious.

9. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think so far I've ordered about 10+ games from dvdboxoffice within a year... All arrived without a hitch and no customs tax. I also ordered a Wavebird off them and there was no problems there. The best way really if you want some ease of mind is to use their courier service. The Canadian dollar is weak enough as it is so it won't cost you an arm and a leg to pay for it. I mainly use the site for DVDs personally but the prices for some of their games are hard to ignore... £30 odd for Metroid Prime. Can't argue there.