1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDbox office

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by titan, Jul 8, 2001.

1. titan

titan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone had any problem with this site in terms of non-deivery? i ordered 4 dvd's off them three weeks ago and they responded telling me they were sent. now i have only recieved one of the discs. this is qiute disturbing. has anyone had some discs arrive later than others supposedely sent on the same day?
    i guess i should e-mail them if there not here monday but what happens if they assure me they sent them but they never arrive?
    they already have my money as i paid by creditcard.
    any advice would be good.
    nathan.

2. mjwhitehouse

mjwhitehouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am not sure how they do their deliveries, but I was waiting for 5 DVDs recently with the longest being 7 weeks late. They all arrived on the same day. I have never not had one arrive and I have ordered over 100 from them.

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Titan,

If the DVD's don't arrive by Monday, send them an e-mail saying that you have not received them. Then go on to say that "If they have not ALL arrived by Monday 16th July, then you will recall the money via your credit card company, and their payment will be revoked, in full, including any money paid for DVD's you have received!"

Then, if they don't arrive by the 16th, call your CC company, and say you want to revoke a payment, due to non-delivery of goods! They have to do this, as it is in the contract they make with you under the Credit Card contract that you made with your bank!

That should get Box Office's attention!! :D

Hope this all helps.

Pooch

4. titan

titan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well here it is monday, the posties come and gone and no DVD's. what a shock. well i just sent them an e-mail so lets see how they respond before getting nasty. but its nice to know that i have some options with the creddit card company in order to get a refund. this kind of thing has always worried me but i've ordered plenty of things not just dvd's over the net and never had a problem so lets hope it all works out hey, excpecially as id like to order from them in the future.
    whitehouse i cant believe that you had to wait seven weeks for your discs thats terrible, i hope i dont have to wait that long, not knowing if there going to arrive or not. but what do you guys make of the fact that i have recieved one of the disks? they were all sent at the same time. this seems unusual to me.
    anyway thanks for the advice.
    Nathan

5. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Most of the delays I have experienced have been due to customs

6. GarryF

GarryF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    DVDBoxoffice are one of the cheapest R1 suppliers around but also one of the slowest, this was discussed a few weeks back (see link below) I have ordered quite a few things from them and they always eventually turn up but if you want something fast try movietyme

As far as going to the credit card company I think most DVD retailers say you have to wait 8 weeks before a disk is classed as lost. You might want to read the terms and conditions at their site before kicking up a fuss to make sure you don't get any hassle.
    http://www.wvip.co.uk/wvipubb/frame.html?http://www.wvip.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=001381

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry guys,just had to reply to this topic.
    I've been with DVD BOXOFFICE about 2 years now ,ordered umpteen DVD's and as long as the film is in stock, i have received them between 7 and 14 days.I use many firms in my quest for New and Classic movies, and in MY experience i have found DVD BOXOFFICE offers a greater choice in new and older films!!
    Only today 14/7/01 i received my ROBOCOP (CRITERIAN EDITION)Package No:371700
    after placing initial order on 7/7/01. I don't think many companies can boast delivery ,especially EXPORT, in such a short period of time. And if by chance any members of DVD BOXOFFICE happen to be reading these messages ,can i personally thank them for creating a pleasurable, SECURE INTERNET shopping experience !!!

8. PFM

PFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Yeah I agree with most of what you say Byrron

However, (are you in the UK - my ignorance of geography is seconded only by that of agriculture in the 13th Century),

If you are do your credit card bills vary (by upto a couple of quid)from the prices quoted on the site.

Even with this variation they are still the cheapest supplier, but is this only happening to me? :confused:

9. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wanted to know if PFM knew that up until the 18th century all arable land in ENGLAND and WALES was cultivated using the open field system, which was only a slight modification of the methods used since ANGLO-SAXON times... You probably did..anyway i haven't noticed a fluctuation in my receipts, if there was they must have been very small.And i'm from a little town in WEST WALES..And yes i still watch The Weakest Link.....

10. titan

titan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Currently i have recieved 2 of the 4 disks i ordered so i e-mailed them a polite letter.
    they do indeed say that i may have to wait up to eight weeks. so i guess thats what ill have to do.
    i think part of the problem comes from thier free world wide delivery in which they obviously use the cheapest method possible, i guess this is also why they send them in seperate packages but i think the chances of losing a package are higher this way.
    well i guess i have to wait a while longer, which for there excellent prices i dont really mind as long as they do end up making it eventually.

nathan

11. ewan hoozarmy

ewan hoozarmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Almost every UK credit card will stitch you up on the exchange rate for foreign transactions. You won't be aware of this, but read the small print on your credit card t's and c's.

The good news is that Nationwide Visa cards and Liverpool Victoria Visa cards are the only ones which don't do this - great news when you're using your card on holiday too.

Not a lot of people know that.

12. Ars longa, vita brevis

Ars longa, vita brevis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    does this not only apply to mastercard transactions?

aslo, be aware that if you are the second name on a credit card, i.e your spouse is the primary card holder, purchases are not insured on the secondary card. I saw this on working lunch when some bloke could not get a refund on his suit as his wife was the primary cardholder.

:p