1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDAutoRefresh - minor problems

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Boris Blank, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Rob,
    I'm having a couple of minor problems with (your excellent!) DVDAutorefresh ( http://jump.to/dvdautorefresh for folks that haven't seen it).

My system is XP-Pro with Service Pack 1 and TheaterTek TT 1.5 15.

DVDAuto runs ok, but, if I enable "Limit Checking for new DVD discs inserted to just one drive:" it will no longer change between a PAL or NTSC Powerstrip resolution setting rather it just stays at the current resolution whatever that is.

Also, when it does switch between resolutions the menu options screen pops up for a couple of seconds then disappears.

Not major issues but I thought I'd flag them up in case you ever revisited the program.
    Regards,
    Paul

2. Rob.Screene

Rob.Screene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Thanks Paul.

A silly question I know, but did you set the drive letter for DVDautorefresh to limit checking on to your DVD-ROM drive letter?

I'm curious as to why you are enabling this option, as I designed it in, but have never needed it myself.

I am aware that it flashes up for a split second when detecting a disc insertion. I just put of with it for now!

Did you get my email this morning?
    cheers,
    Rob.

3. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Hi Rob,
    Yes, I did set the drive letter initially but then unchecked it once the problems started - I thought (for some unknown reason!) that it might be better to tell it which drive to check rather than have it search for the drive.

I'll leave it off permanently (which is what I should have done to begin with!!

By the way, we'll also be popping along to a local animal sanctuary over Christmas with my donation by way of payment for your software - quite looking forward to doing it as well!

Yep, got your message and hopefully all resolved!
    Many thnaks,
    Paul

4. Rob.Screene

Rob.Screene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Thanks Paul.

I'll add you to the registered mailing list for future releases.
    regards,
    Rob.

p.s I'm going to the post office over the next hour or so!